Guide to the Tennessee Mountains
By Vernon and Cathy Summerlin
Indian Mountain State Park
11] This 200-acre parcel of land containing abandoned strip mine pits
was originally acquired in the late 1960s by the city of Jellico using federal
funds. Additional grants permitted a reclamation project to occur, and the
area was converted into a recreation park containing two small lakes. The entire
park is within the city limits of Jellico.
- Directions: Take Exit 160 off I-75 North and follow signs
to the park.
- Activities: Camping, fishing, paddle boating, walking
trails, and swimming.
- Facilities: Campsites, boat-launching ramp, seasonal boat
rentals, walking trails.
- Dates: Open year-round.
- Fees: There is a charge for camping, paddle boat rental,
- Closest town: Jellico.
- For more information: Indian Mountain State Park, Indian
Mountain Road, Jellico, TN 37762. Phone (423) 784-7958.
Published (print): 1999, Published (Web): January 2003,