Guide to the North Georgia Mountains
Special Events, Fairs, and Festivals
Attendance at a select few annual events in the mountains will give the reader
a good insight into mountain history, culture, and people. Following are some
of the best of these events. Dates are subject to change.
- Chiaha Harvest Fair and Heritage Holidays FestivalCivil
War reenactments, riverboat, wagon train and train rides. 80 southeastern
artists and craftsmen. Late October in Rome. Phone (800) 444-1834 ext. 2 or
- Dahlonega Blue Grass FestivalAt Blackburn
Park on Old State Road 9E, 7 miles west of Dahlonega, in June. Phone (706)
864-3721 or (706) 864-7203.
- Fall Harvest FestivalCountry music, arts
and crafts at fairgrounds in Hiawassee in October. Phone (706) 896-4191.
- Fasching KarnivalIn Helen in December
and January. Phone (706) 878-2248.
- Georgia Apple FestivalCrafts show in Ellijay
in October. Phone (706) 635-7400.
- Georgia Mountain Fair12 days of crafts
exhibits and entertainment at fairgrounds in Hiawassee in August. Phone (706)
- Harvest FestivalArts and crafts at farmers
market on US 441 in Dillard. Phone (706) 782-4812.
- Helen International FestDancing,
food, music, crafts from all over the world. Late June, early July in Helen.
PO Box 730, Helen, GA. Phone (706) 878-2181.
- Helens OktoberfestGerman food,
beverages, and entertainment in Helen in October. Phone (706) 878-2521.
- New Salem Mountain FestivalQuality arts
and crafts atop Lookout Mountain on GA Highway 136 between Trenton and LaFayette.
May and October, Box 600, Rising Fawn, GA 30738. Phone (706) 398-1988.
- Praters Mill Country FairArts and
crafts festival, GA Highway 2, 10 miles north of Dalton, in May and October.
Phone (706) 275-MILL.
- The Reach of SongAn Appalachian drama
presenting the Georgia mountains through the life and words of native poet
Byron Herbert Reece; in Hiawassee in June and July. Phone (706) 896-3388.
- Sorghum FestivalIn Blairsville in October.
Phone (706) 745-5789.
- Spring Country Music FestivalAt fairgrounds
in Hiawassee in May. Phone (706) 896-4191.
- Taste of ToccoaFamily entertainment and
a wide variety of country foods. In Toccoa in April. Phone (706) 886-8451.
and add comments about this page
Reader-Contributed Links to the Georgia Mountains Book:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Published (print): 1999, Published (Web): March 2000, Revised
(Web): November 2002, ISBN: 1-56352-461-9